Thursday, April 7, 2011

Limoncello! PART 1


Since Marc and I have been stepping into gourmet territory with ice cream, I figured it was time to experiment with some other vices: liquor! It wasn't because it appeared that there was a shortage of booze in our liquor cabinet...

But rather, we have had some amazing limoncello at Il Passatore in times past. I got a recipe from my friend Matt, whose father who has made it before. This had me sold as I looked at a number of recipes and they all had very different approaches to it. So here it goes, my take on limoncello....

Ingredients:
10 organic lemons
750 ml grain alcohol (we used Spiritus Wesoly but you can also use Everclear or another grain alcohol that is 192 proof or 96% alcohol)


1. Zest the 10 lemons.


2. Place in a hermetic jar. Pour grain alcohol on top. Place in a dark place (like a cabinet or closet) for 4-5 days.


 Check back for the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment