Sunday, October 31, 2010

Curried Egg Salad

This recipe is adapted from Heidi Swanson's 101 Cookbooks. I wanted to eat something different for breakfast that wouldn't weigh me down. That and I knew I wanted to make homemade pasta for dinner so I wanted to budget the calories. This egg salad is delicious. It does require some chopping but it doesn't take forever to make. Next time I will double it and save the salad for lunch for the week!

Ingredients
5 hard-boiled eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons mild curry powder
4 tablespoons plain, Greek yogurt
4 large dashes of freshly ground sea salt
2 large dashes of freshly ground black pepper
1 shallot, chopped
1/2 medium red apple, chopped
1/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1/4 habanero pepper, minced
5-6 mint leaves, chopped
1 T parsley, chopped

1. Mix curry powder, yogurt, salt and pepper until well blended.








2. Chop shallot, apple, pecans, habanero, mint, and parsley.
3. Gently mash eggs into the chopped items and yogurt sauce.
4. Serve with bread or crackers.

This recipe makes boyfriends very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment