Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chicken in a Sage-Marjoram-Leek Cream Sauce

Here is another Jamie Oliver inspired recipe, however, I basically just highjacked the ingredients and then modified them to my own tastes. I did not follow his cooking methods at all because, well that's what I like to do with recipes!



Ingredients:
extra virgin olive oil
2 1/2 leeks, washed, then cut in half lengthwise and then cut into 1/4" pieces*
freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
1 1/2 c white wine
1 cup heavy cream
1 T Marjoram, finely chopped
10 sage leaves, finely chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 whole chicken breasts (or 4 halves)
15 oz can cannellini beans

*Leeks can be very gritty. To wash them best I cut them in half and place them in a bowl of cold water to get off excess dirt. Then I rub the leaves under running water.


1. Heat a generous splash of olive oil in a frying pan. Add leeks and saute until soft.






2. Add salt and pepper, stir. Add wine and reduce. Add cream, marjoram, sage, and garlic and begin to simmer.







3. Meanwhile, pan sear the chicken breast in a grill pan. Once the outside is brown, add the chicken to the cream sauce and allow it to cook all the way through.






4. Towards the last 2 minutes of cooking, take 2 T of beans and mash into a paste using a mortar and pestle. Add bean paste to the sauce and stir. Then add remaining cannelini beans.




 

I served my meal with a side of sauteed kale to add a bit of health to this otherwise indulgent dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment