Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cold Cucumber Soup...the blog's first trip!

Warning: This is the easiest soup you will ever make! :)



Last night I went to my friend Sonia's apartment so we could cook together. Since we used to live together we make a great team in the kitchen. This experience cooking was very different from all others. Since I was in a funk, I was happy to distract myself in the kitchen. So, sonia happily sat at the bar stools scrounging the internet for ideas on how we should make the meal we decided on. She gave me instructions on what to do and I did it. Made it brainless for me. The first course was to a cold cucumber soup, and the second was sea bass cooked with a side of potatoes (recipe to follow in next post).

Ingredients
3 cucumbers, peeled
3 scallions
2 garlic cloves, minced
32 oz fat free plain yogurt (Greek would make it the creamiest)
3 T fresh dill, chopped
juice from 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper

1. Cut cucumber and scallions (use greens and stems) into big chunks. Place in blender.
2. Add minced garlic, yogurt, dill, lemon, and salt and pepper (to taste) to the blender.
3. Blend until homogeneous. Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment