Thursday, May 27, 2010

chocolate-butterscotch tofu pudding

I needed something to do with this tofu that has been in my fridge before it went bad. I had plans to make different dinners but it just wasn't calling out to me. So after perusing a zillion food sites, I found a few recipes for tofu pudding. I combined a few to come up with this recipe. I have to tell you I'm sure you are very skeptical right now thinking, "that sounds nasty", but I'll have you know its actually delicious and slightly healthier than regular pudding.





Ingredients:
1 block extra-firm (non-gmo) tofu
3 T milk (I used 2% but 1%, skim or whole will work)
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup butterscotch chips
1/8 cup cane sugar
3 T butter
1/2 t cinnamon
pinch cayenne
very large pinch sea salt

1. Blend the tofu with the milk in a blender until smooth. You will probably need to use your highest setting and mash the tofu around in the blender half way through blending.
2. In a frying pan melt on very low heat, melt the chocolate, butterscotch, sugar, and butter while constantly stirring the mixture. Heat until the sugar is dissolved. (If you use cane sugar it will take a little while for this to happen so if there are tiny granules still in there it is fine.)
3. Meanwhile add cinnamon, cayenne, and sea salt to the tofu.
4. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the blender and blend until smooth.
5. Chill in an airtight container until cold enough to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment